AABB is an international, not-for-profit association representing individuals and institutions involved in the fields of transfusion medicine and cellular therapies. The association is committed to improving health through the development and delivery of standards, accreditation and educational programs that focus on optimizing patient and donor care and safety. AABB membership includes physicians, nurses, scientists, researchers, administrators, medical technologists and other health care providers. AABB members are located in more than 80 countries and AABB accredits institutions in over 50 countries.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is ideal for an experienced professional who is excited to apply their skills and expertise in a turn-around environment.
The Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer (COO/CFO) serves as the senior executive promoting and supporting operational and financial excellence throughout the association. S/he will champion and provide directional leadership on the implementation of the association’s strategic plan. This role oversees Finance Strategy Implementation, Information Technology, and Operations; with future potential to oversee revenue generating business lines for the association. Leads the operational execution of strategic goals and priorities to drive short and long-term growth and sustainability. Ensure efficiency and effectiveness across operations, providing both day-to-day and high-level oversight and direction. Serves as executive leader and strategic business partner for the fiscal functions of the association. Leads the Accounting and Finance team. Assesses and evaluates financial performance of the association, providing insight and guidance to support critical financial, program, and operation initiatives. Ensures internal infrastructure and resources are sufficient to support the association’s growth. Employs sound business practices to successfully deliver results. Serves as a member of and collaborates with the Senior Team as a key thought partner. Drives ongoing commitment to the association’s culture and strategic direction among staff and stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA and/or CPA Preferred.
• Strong history of experience with accounting, finance and operations working with nonprofits or corporate entities of at least $10 million dollars.
• Proven track record and success in managing an organization’s infrastructure – financial management, information, technology and business operations.
• Proven track record and success in motivating multi-functional teams to think harmoniously, driving for innovation, and achieving results.
• Excellent judgment with creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Exceptional project management skills with strong orientation to achieving results.
• Exceptional collaborative, interpersonal, and teaming skills. Educator and consensus builder.
• Superior organizational and people management skills. Able to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers, coach staff, develop high performing teams, and hold those teams accountable to get results.
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and ability to effectively interface with senior management, all staff members, members, general membership, and external stakeholders.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
We recognize and reward our most valuable asset—our team—with a generous leave and benefits package, and excellent educational and professional development opportunities.
Individuals interested in this role may send their materials to Jennelle Rush, Senior Director, Talent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AABB is an equal opportunity employer.
AABB is the international association of blood banks, including hospital and community blood centers, transfusion and transplantation services and individuals involved in activities related to transfusion and transplantation medicine.More than 2,000 institutions (community and hospital blood banks, hospital transfusion services and laboratories) and 11,000 individuals are members of the AABB, including physicians, scientists, administrators, medical technologists, blood donor recruiters and public relations personnel. Members are located in all 50 states and more than 80 foreign countries.